CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Writing Workshop

Okay, so I've been thinking of ways to get my students more involved in their own writing.  I usually go around and conference with them, and then we're done!  I always wonder if they remember days later the conversations we have about their writing.  SOOOOO I decided to come up with a few documents that my students can keep in a binder and refer to daily!  They are now in charge of their own learning!  Now, when I conference, each student takes out their binder and jots down notes from our conversation.  At the end of our conference, the student sets a goal.  Later, when I meet with him/her, we revisit each goal.  My students love this!  It's also a nice tool for me to use during conferences with parents to discuss their child's progress in writing.

I also included helpful writing sheets in the student binder!




Here is it on TPT!

1 comment: